The 222 tram was built between 1902 and 1904 by the company Herbrand of Cologne for the Stuttgarter StraÃŸen-bahnen (SSB) of Stuttgart. It formed a part of the second generation of motorized rail vehicles. The tram was painted in the original colors of the company, founded in 1886, cream with a light blue stripe underneath the windows.
In 1955 it was abandoned and left in a depot, where it was later rebuilt and taken to the Stuttgart Tramway Museum, where it is still kept.
Measurement in Inches